Sunday, July 29, 2007

For my Neice, who brought Poetry back into my life

What is it that makes me love you so?

Those eyes that stare into my soul,

Or the smile that makes me whole?

Maybe it is just you.

What makes me remember you every moment?

Is it the way you play, those silly games?

Or the way you spend moments as days?

It simply may be, just you.

At times when I'm blue, I turn to you;

Maybe because you always lift me up

To a lighter, brighter place?

Or simply because you love me too.

I haven't learned so many things

In twenty years or so

As you've taught me to do and see

Since you came a few years ago.

How is it that you melt my heart,

Without speaking even a word to me,

And you break it up in a moment

Pretending that you don't remember me.

Why is it now that my world revolves,

Strictly around what you say or do?

And why do I come back to asking myself,

"Why is it that I love you?”



No comments: