Sunday, July 29, 2007

Lost

What do you do when you feel that sometimes,

Everything wants to go wrong

One thing’s not done and you stop it for another

And the other one never moves on

It so feels like the world is against

Getting my job to go right

I was the one who was fighting before

But I'm losing my strength and I'm tired


Help me up; help me get back on my feet

Before I fall down, halfway through this feat

Walk me forward just a few steps

Till I get time to clear my head

Feed me love and be affectionate

Tie up my wounds that have been bled

Help me go on to be what I have to be

Before life pronounces me dead…


Time is moving on and I'm growing old

I'm not able to do what I'm being told

How I wish sometimes for a bullet in my head

And then I want to have time to be stalled

It’s so confusing that I cannot see what is real

And I'm so numb that I cannot feel

Even the thoughts that run through my mind

I have to get away to find a place where I can heal


I can’t run because they would surely find

That I am so weak in mind

I just need to buy time so I can continue

To hide what I really am,

To decide where I do stand

To believe that “I can”

To prepare to be invincible

Or at least to pretend that I am….

No comments: