Sunday, July 29, 2007

Fire and Water


It's raining, it's pouring,
and the old man is snoring...
another rainy afternoon
for me, far from boring...

Well, there is a thing about the rain that makes me feel so good.

Maybe it is the thought that it is probably one of the purest elements save Fire, which also makes me feel good, in another way.

I like opposing elements, Fire and Water. Born under the water sign and hopelessly in love with Fire.

Water calms me and Fire humbles me.

The sight of either makes me unreasonably calm. Fear? Certainly Not! Respect is more like it.

I still feel small when I stand beside the ocean, and smaller when I am faced with fire. I love to watch the grace with which the waves dance and the fluid motion of the flames.

Water makes me want to write in flowery words and fire makes me want to take over the world. A true inspiration. I wonder what will happen when I am faced with something like the picture. Fire and Water... which emotions will I choose? Shall I sit down and write like a true poet or shall I start scheming?

Maybe I will want to take over the world with words. Like Alexander and Hitler put together, minus the evil nature. Or maybe I'll discover something within me that I never thought could be possible.

These seem strange incoherent words I write; heart encouraged by thunder, mind lit with lightning, ears fed with soulful music, eyes misty with images, sense of smell soothed with the fragrance of fresh and cleansing rain, warmed by solitude and somehow calmer than a sleepy forest.

Incoherent yet coherent.

Wonderful things that can happen on a beautiful rainy holiday. I wish I had the courage to dance in the rain.

No comments: