Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Perfect Sense Pt. 3 (NOTE: This article has been highly contradicted)

"Can't you see? It all makes perfect sense...
Expressed in Dollars and Cents, Pounds, Shillings and Pence?
Oh! Can't you see? It all makes perfect sense.... "

Well since Roger Waters (I love you!) already has proprietary rights over parts 1 and 2, I settle with part 3.

A friend and I were talking last evening, relaxing on the beautiful green, lush Central Park Lawns (more than 250 Acres to mow.. mark you), and who cannot notice the tall, elegant (or modernly mad, whatever suits you) architecture visible over the tree lined park? I took one look and it struck me, such a beautiful sight! And this concrete jungle foliage we are looking at, from the world's largest park, located right at the heart of Manhattan!

Of course my friend noticed it too, and made the statement I was thinking of.
"So much greenery in the middle of Manhattan. Hard to believe."
Of course I agreed.
We also agreed with the recent statistics that Americans were among the happiest people in the world. We thought, given "all this," the rest of the world's nations would have happy people too.

And as always the conversation took a turn to touch upon various topics, till it came to one topic, which, I confess, has always been and probably forever will be, on my mind: Monetary Wealth.

Everybody knows the US of A is the richest country in the world, which explain why people come from all corners (no, I know the Earth is round) of the world, to the land of opportunity, to make a better life. I don't know how many actually succeed, yet they come. Neil Diamond said so himself.. "Every time that Flag's unfurled, they come into America."

I'm here, following my Parents' dream. What happened to mine? Don't ask.

Let me stick to the point I'm getting at. Why do people come here? To become something, to live in a better world, to tell family members with pride and vanity, "I'm in the States."

In short, in the words of 50Cent, to "Get rich, or die trying."

Which leads to the next part of my seemingly random digression. Why does money (Pounds, Dollars, Euros, Yen, Rupees, Drachmas, Robles, Lira, even Knuts! ) have such great influence on men, women and children? Yes, I said Children. Think about it.

I believe that people believe, earnestly, in the power of money. Money can buy everything, period. Have you ever known an unhappy man with a million dollars? Show me one, and I'll be glad to relieve him of the million that cannot help him. I don't think you'll find an unhappy woman with a million dollars, ever. They'd be too busy investing wisely, or burning blonde-ly the money they have. Yes, they'd be very happy indeed. In fact, give me a million and I'll explain exactly how I can be happy with it.

So where is the million?

On a more serious note, money is a language that makes perfect sense. Expressed even in Yen.
Money, it's a wonderful way of expressing love, roses, diamonds, fine clothes, exquisite villas in the Mediterranean, I'll gladly give my love. If the man's a jerk, then I'll use another form of expression - "alimony." Isn't it just wonderful?

Whatever happened to old values of marrying for love?
Yeah.. whatever happened to them? If you find out, shoot me a mail and tell me what happened.

I'm not against love, mind you. Neither am I a gold-digger. Don't get the wrong idea. I am just emphasizing the fact that you simply cannot live on love and fresh air. You have to be materialistic and realistic. Gone are the old days where you would suffer with a smile on your lips and a song in your heart because your are poor, but you are with the person you love.

Codswallop!

I wish people would be less hypocritical, by accepting the fact that everyone wants to be rich, live luxuriously and be able to use currency instead of firewood. I'm just sick and tired of people talking about marrying for love and all that jazz.

Note, please that my friend(thanks, Riddhi) duly pointed out that you won't be happy spending your money on someone you don't care about. Eventually at least. I agree. She also believes in being content with the amount of wealth you have. Good to know there are still nice people in the world. Honestly. Money is second on the list. First is love (or tolerance/ mild interest if u ask me).

On that line, I believe in chivalry, old fashioned love and all that, I really do. If you are a great person, you will find happiness, no doubt about it.

Maybe I'm one person who thinks too much money is not a bad thing. I still need to grow up in that aspect maybe. I still think I'm joined in this thought by millions.

But for those still dreaming of knights in shining armor, still thinking that being poor really doesn't matter, just because you are rich-bored (or plain idiotic), wake up and smell the coffee. This isn't Tara and he's not Ashley. This is not even a Hollywood movie set.

Rhett Butler's still a good choice, What Say?

No comments: