Thursday, October 29, 2009

One too many times...


The sheets are so cold now that
There is only half the warmth
And your side of the bed
Is just a little too far
Over the chasm that’s opened
Since your latest faux pas
I want to admit that it isn’t your first
And although I hope it will,
It can never be the last
No matter how alone I’ll feel
Right now; it’s got to stop.
If I want to forgive you
I don’t know whatever for
It seems it’s your illusion
That it’s entirely my fault.
So while you lie there fuming
Over nothing at all,
I have to stop my mind turning
To forgetting it all; it will stop.
You’re a nice person
But you’ve never enough
And if I look over everything
Nothing’s left to give up
Sacrifice has to have a meaning
But with you it’s too much
My patience has run thin
Stretched over with scotch
I’d forgive you if I could
But you’ve broken my heart
There’s aren’t many pieces
To make one up; it has to stop.
One day you’ll miss me
Or maybe one day you won’t
I know I won’t be here
To care if you don’t.
Now it’s gone a little over the top
And it’s stopped.

Sreedevi.

No comments: