Saturday, July 12, 2008

At the End.



The rose in my hand, I'm sure has blackened
Signifies all that's within, so dark
And bleak like a jagged cliff against the sea
All along I thought it was you, but it was me
Who refused to hear, did not wish to feel
all the words of care, promised from your lips
While I groped, blindly, in the gloom
There it was, right ahead, so close
Yet disbelief that it was something
Wanted and close to my heart, for freedom.
Here we are, shivering in the rain
Anguish clouds my eyes, as I forcibly watch
You find your untimely peace, in the Earth.
Lost am I, and unwilling to be found
Regrets of times I should have seen
Something so plain, for all to view
All the love, all the joy that could have been.
Just another I failed to reach
Here in this time, in this universe
A harsh punishment, this life
That won't stop, like the sands of time
Until I wither and die, as fools deserve
Alone, with little hope and wish
Ragged and tearful.
I cry for times I failed to show,
What I knew, but was afraid to let you know.


Sreedevi.

No comments: